Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Playhouse Disney Birthday Book

Suddenly i got an idea today.I would like to share about in detail with you all.

What is that?
Something interesting...... We used to watch birthday book on playhouse disney channel everyday which shows birthday babies of that month. So i thought why not send sukarman's photo to playhouse disney channel which is his favourite.

Believe me, His first favourite cartoon character is Pooh. Often i use the word pooh for naratting flower in tamil he cannot make out difference between both so i use malar.He loves seeing pooh bear. His favourite song is of course the title/theme song of "My friends tigger and pooh".

Second favourite is none other than "Mickey Mouse and his friends". The title song and the Hot dog song are his favourites. Especially he loves to dance for HOT DOG song. But still we could not record his cute steps while he dances for that song.......will try to do soon.Once we got an opportunity to see Mickey mouse and his friends on a show during christmas day celebrations in SG. We took a snap with mickey and friends on that show. My son was so excited to see Mickey and his friends.

Some other favourites are
Little einsteins(discovery by kids using music as main theme), Handy manny(manny with his talking tools) , Word world (u can see words live in this program definitely kids learn lot by this program), Dibo the gift dragon( cozy land adventures), Animal mechanicals(mechaner animals doing different tasks) , pocoyo (with his friends), Chugginton (time with traintastic chuggers) special agent oso(doing different tasks with three special steps).

Also Teletubbies "Eh-Oh" song

My son loves to listen all title song of the above program.Rest of the show is mine. What to do he is not allowing me to watch any tamil serials if i change channel he just tell me (by action) to change the channel.I feel this as the most safe channel for the kids......instead of watching those serials. He of course loves to listen to tamil serials title songs also but the content of the serials and words used may disturb him so am trying to avoid it for time being.

There are more cartoon channels for amusing kids. But i personally feel that Playhouse Disney is the Best one. Not becoz it is my son's favourite but also for the clarity and the informative programs shown which motivates kids in many ways.

Ok,Let me proceed with my idea........but how?

First, I googled playhouse birthday book and got this site where all informations are clearly given in the below link.


Just i clicked faq inside that site and got all instructions.One main information i got, my son's birthday is on feb 19th and today is Dec 22nd if i want to see him on birthday book i must send his photo before Dec31st.

Forthwith, i started my work. Second work is to search for sukarman's latest snaps to send good one.One more idea flashed in my mind why not dress him up and take a good snap now? So i dressed him in a new dress and took some good snaps with his favourite pooh balloon. Of course, all the snaps were good but his favourite smile was missing. Becoz that was not a casual one.........so i thought of sending a photo which we took before. I felt so sorry for disturbing my son but he enjoyed wearing new dress and playing with the balloon.

Photo selection is over........also reconfirmed with my hubby to proceed further.

Next step is to take print out of the photo. Searched for the photo printing paper and luckily got it. Then i connected printer cable and gave print. I was waiting for a long time but i didnt get print out still. Thought there is some problem with my printer but everything is correctly done but something is missing i felt. Suddenly this song came to my mind "IF you have a problem think think think....from my friends tigger and pooh".

Now u all will be clear how exactly am watching all these programs. OK finally after sometime i found i didnt push photo tray properly so printer could not take the photo paper inside.....oops i then fixed my printer and took the print out. But the print out was little different from the original look of my son.

Then i wrote all informations asked for at the back of my son's photo and put inside an envelope and affixed a stamp. Then we(me and my son) got ready to post it in the Post box near our Bus stop.Really a very long process.

But doing things differently(i think like that) gives more opportunity to learn new things(like selecting good photo,connecting printer, taking printouts and posting) as well.

This is the photo i sent to Birthday Book.


Finally i posted his photo for Playhouse Disney Birthday Book. Just i have to wait for one more month to see the upshot.


No comments:

Birthday And Rideversary

 This blog is specially dedicated to my elder son. As we recently celebrated his 16th birthday Feb 19th last month and also Rideversary day ...